Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dog Days of Spring


Courage, our faithful Chessie is a great dog. Friendly, affectionate... and old. This is a closeup of him laying in the yard today on a beautiful spring afternoon in Cincinnati, but look close and you can see how foggy his eyes are becoming. He gets around OK, but moves slowly. We're not really sure just how old he is, but the vet estimates around 10-11, so there's not much time left for this good ole dog. He's been a challenge at times, but we couldn't ask for a better companion.

Anyway, on to happier things: went for a mile swim yesterday and a nice 10 miler today, so I should be fine for the Flying Pig half. I think my days of long distance are winding down. I just keep getting injured on the really long runs. But, we'll worry about that later. I'm not ready to throw in the towel.
TTFN

No comments: