Saturday, August 30, 2008

Group Training Run-SS50K

Hi all,
Went on a nice training run at Mt. Airy forest this morning with a great group of Ultra-Runners. The pace was slow and steady and I heard some great stories from some ultra veterans. Everything went well until my shoe "broke" as I pulled the laces tight. The piece of plastic that tightened the shoe around my ankles snapped off, so I felt a little wobbly during the run. I got in about 3 hours(12 miles) of running before things started to get painful. The shoe in question: Montrail Hurricane Ridge. I had read some reviews about this shoe and found that this flaw has happened to others. To be honest, this broken piece rendered the shoe useless! Ouch!
Anyway, things are on track for the SS50K in mid October.
More to come...
A

No comments: