Saturday, March 27, 2010

Finally Got a Real Suit!

Ok, so for all of the years I have been swimming (which has only been about 8), I have always used the traditional tourist-style suit. You know... long, baggy with that tacky Hawaiian print. Well, with reluctance, I finally "upgraded" to a real competition-style suit; partly for comfort, but also because I wanted to see if it would truly make a difference in performance.

WOW! After 8 years swimming in a sea anchor I am now free. Just a simple equipment change shaved a minute off my 500...without any extra effort. So, I can now swim longer, faster and easier and it only took 8 years to figure it out, or maybe I was just too bashful to put one on. In addition to a new suit, I read the book Total Immersion by Terry Laughlin. A real eye-opener. They also have a good website.

Anyway, the Heart Mini 15k is tomorrow and I'm still deciding if I want to trade a warm bed for wind, rain and cooler temps, but I have until 7:00 am tomorrow to make that decision :o]

No comments: